Why Invest in Content Marketing?
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing. (source: Leaders West )
- 60% of people are inspired to seek out a product after reading content about it. (source: Leaders West )
- 78% of consumers believe that companies providing content are interested in building good relationships. (source: All Twitter )
- Blogs give websites 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links. (source: PRNews )
- 68% of people spend time reading about brands that interest them. (source: Leaders West )
- 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company that delivers custom content, and they are also more likely to buy from the company. (source: All Twitter )
- B2B buyers say that 70% of the content they read and study before making a purchase decision is actually found on their own through research. (source: Forrester )
- Organic search leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound marketing leads have a 1.7% close rate. (source: PRNews )
- Per dollar spent, content marketing generates approximately 3 times as many leads as traditional marketing. (source: Leaders West )
What Content Marketing Strategies Work?
- Marketers use an average of 12 content marketing tactics. (source: Content Marketing Institute )
- 37% visit content marketing websites at least once a month. (source: The CMA )
- Marketers use an average of 4 social media sites to distribute content, whereas B2B marketers use an average of 5. (source: Content Marketing Institute )
- 84% of Marketers are relying on social media to drive their content marketing. (source: Social Media Today )
What’s the Typical Budget for Content Marketing?
- Companies with fewer than 10 employees typically allocate 42% of their marketing budget to content. (source: Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs )
- Companies with over 1,000 employees typically allocate 24% of their marketing budget to content. (source: Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs )
- The average, annual spend on branded content outsourcing was $371,364, and $987,417 for companies that exclusively outsource. (source: Custom Content Council )
- Businesses that spend more than 50% of their lead generation budget on inbound marketing report a significantly lower cost-per-lead. (source: Hubspot )
- Nearly 50% of marketers plan to increase their inbound budgets for 2013. (source: Hubspot )
Measuring the Success of Content Marketing
- Content marketers use unique visitors (88%), pageviews per visitor (76%) and total pageviews (71%) as their main metrics. (source: Econsultancy and Outbrain )
- 52% of content marketers rely on content marketing to engage new customers and prospects. (source: Social Media Today )
- 60% of marketers use web traffic to measure effectiveness of content marketing. (source: Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs )
- 88% of marketers are measuring unique visitors as their main metric to understand how their audience is consuming and sharing their content. (source: Bit Rebels )
10 reasons companies are investing more in content marketing this year
- Google demands content
- Consumers avoid ads, but actively seek content.
- Engages consumers at every stage of the buying process
- Reduces relying on publishers. You are the publisher.
- It is tried, tested and true
- Makes a real difference to customer loyalty
- Increases the lifetime value of customers
- Is great for staff morale
- Positions your brand as a market leader
- Delivers a strong ROI