Guy Kawasaki shares some of his invaluable advice.
Content Marketing Tips for Launching a New Product
- Start building your social media following the moment you decide you’re going to have a product, Guy says it takes at least a year to build a solid following.
- Position yourself as an expert in your respective niche by sharing excellent content. The idea behind this is after building a reputation by providing great content you will have earned the right to promote your product when it’s finally done.
- Have a product other people want to be affiliated with.
- Guy helps almost everyone who asks for help, and they often reciprocate when he needs a favor.
- Guy crowd-sources feedback long before the product is finished. There’s always someone smarter out there who can provide feedback to make it better.
- Releasing content in the early stages also helps to build evangelists for his products since they feel more personally invested in it.
Note: Guy is a big fan of Google+
See the interview video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRhsA1GjYg0