More than 10,000 new websites integrate with Facebook every day by using one of their social plugins. However most sites that we see are not taking full advantage of what facebook has to offer.
These insights include data such as your most popular pages for the like button, send button, organic shares, comment box etc. It also includes information like who is your demographic audience on facebook, their age, gender, country etc. If you were not, then don’t be surprised because you are not alone.
We checked some of the industry leaders’ websites and none of their sites were taking advantage of Facebook insights either.
How to get facebook insights for your WordPress site, so you can take full advantage of what facebook has to offer.
- First thing you need to do is install our Facebook Open Graph Meta Data plugin.
- Once you have installed and activated the plugin, then go the Settings » FaceBook OG Meta tag and insert your facebook account ID.
- Notice this must be your personal account ID. Not your fan page and not your app id.
- After you have setup the plugin correctly, your site is now ready for facebook. It will give facebook the correct thumbnail for the post, the correct title, the correct description, and most importantly it will tell facebook who is the admin of this site.
- Next thing you need to do is make sure that you are using the CORRECT version of the facebook like button. Many sites just utilize the iframe version of the facebook like button. While that works, it will not let you get facebook insights. You need to use the XFBML method.