Reddit users can now go “live” with comments, what passes for news comments and other assorted features and what passes for information.
- Reddit made its live blogging feature public last week after testing it for several months in a semi-public beta phase using only trusted sources and reporters. Reddit users and those new to the site can start a live blog any time.
- With close to 115 million unique visitors monthly spread over 190 countries (5.2 billion monthly page views) Reddit is the social network of words, comments and observations popular particularly with the male 18-29 demographic – but many others as well.
- “Unlike with self-post or comment based live threads, there’s no limit to how many updates can be posted during the course of an event. These live threads exist outside of subreddits and are designed to be submitted, like any other link, to whichever (multiple) subreddits are relevant to the thread. Pictures, video, and more can be embedded in the updates by simply pasting a link.”
The Reddit live blogging feature brings the network into the growing demand for real-time or “live” information and puts it on a par with Twitter, GooglePlus, even Facebook with its desire to attract frequent visitors and contributors.
- Which Social Media Channels Are Best for Your Small Business? (grasshopper.com)
- Reddit Live Is Now Open, Lets Anyone Create Live Blogs (news.softpedia.com)