Brand communication has undergone a fundamental shift in the last five years.
We have officially left the age of advertising, when brand messaging was one-way communication.
- We have entered the age of transparency, brought on by social media. When the brand message is inconsistent with the consumer experience, the disparity is quickly exposed.
- Content marketing is the tool to create that conversation. Yet many brands approach this new medium with an old mentality.
How to Win with Content Marketing
1. Be Real. Consumers demand honesty and look to offer their loyalty to brands that truly reflect their own values. Be authentic in all content marketing, and you will attract a devoted, like-minded following.
2. Do Good. Act according to your company values, treat customers well and do good in the world, and you will have a rabid following extolling your virtues.
3. Give First, then Ask. Offering this content shows that you truly know and understand your audience—a first step to forming a symbiotic relationship.