Artificial Intelligence For Marketing
The ways that businesses operate today is not the same as 30 years’ ago. Today, businesses operate based off data-driven reasoning. With that, one of the most effective means to generate revenue growth is through marketing. Now, if a company wants to take their success to new heights, they need to begin using AI for marketing. Here are five reasons behind how AI marketing can transform your marketing efforts.
Artificial intelligence marketing provides a set of tools and techniques that enable behavioral targeting.
- Behavioral targeting comprises a range of technologies and techniques used by online website brands, publishers and advertisers aimed at increasing the effectiveness of marketing and advertising using user web-browsing behavior information. In particular, “behavioral targeting uses information collected from an individual’s web-browsing behavior (e.g., the pages that they have visited or searched) to select advertisements to display”. This activity extends to behavioral marketing by using that same browsing behavior to prompt relevant email and onsite messaging to users and consumers.
- When a consumer visits a web site, the pages they visit, the amount of time they view each page, the links they click on, the searches they make, and the things that they interact with, allow sites to collect that data, and other factors, to create a ‘profile’ that links to that visitor’s web browser. As a result, site publishers can use this data to create defined audience segments based upon visitors that have similar profiles.
- When visitors return to a specific site or a network of sites using the same web browser, those profiles can be used to allow marketers and advertisers to position their online ads and messaging in front of those visitors who exhibit a greater level of interest and intent for the products and services being offered. Behavioral targeting has emerged as one of the main technologies used to increase the efficiency and profits of digital marketing and advertisements, as media providers are able to provide individual users with highly relevant advertisements.
- On the theory that properly targeted ads and messaging will fetch more consumer interest, publishers can charge a premium for behaviorally targeted ads and marketers can achieve
- Behavioral marketing can be used on its own or in conjunction with other forms of targeting based on factors like geography, demographics or contextual web page content (list of Facebook’s “Detailed Targeting” options). Many practitioners also refer to this process as “audience targeting”.
Major advantages of Behavioral marketing are that it will help in reaching surfers with affinity, reach surfers that were not exposed to a media campaign, contact surfers close to conversion and in reconnecting with prospects or customers.
Other uses for using AI with Marketing :