- Videos are more of the overall total of post types on Facebook pages.
- Everyone has heard about the massive potential Facebook video has for engagement.
- Some publishers have shifted strategy entirely to focus on the video.
If users are spending more time watching videos from publishers, there’s less chance of them coming across a link to a story that their friend has liked.
Recent Facebook Algorithm Updates of note:
- June 12 2015 – Taking into account time spent on stories
- July 9 2015 – Updated controls for news feed
- February 1 2016 – Using qualitative feedback to show relevant stories
- April 21 2016 – More articles you spend time viewing
- Announcements around the promotion of video.
A new Pew Research report finds that 44% of the US population now gets news on Facebook .