It’s hard work to build great content that:
- people want to read
- people remember and will be motivated to share
- helps increase your reach
How do you build great content when you’re not the expert?
You bring in experts and tools that can work like a factory to produce content that meets their strategy. This factory approach is fine, yet we also recognize:
- The lack of an integrated content marketing strategy can make it difficult to earn audience engagement.
- Content has to get better over time with increasing competition.
- Content has to serve a higher purpose for the brand and it needs to integrate all the appropriate channels.
How do you make content generation more efficient and scalable?
- We have found that investing in processes that document the stages of our everyday operations has really helped us to be more efficient.
- It’s for providing guidance and suggestions for a more efficient workflow.
- That tends to come in the form of checklists that you’re continually iterating as living, breathing, dynamic entities inside your organization.
Tips to improve your processes:
- Determine the problem the process is going to solve
- Identify the people who are going to use the process
- Find the tools that will allow you to run the process
- Use the process
- Modify the process
Tips to facilitate your processes
- Use Strategy
- Pitch Content
- Collect Data
- Develop an outline with key takeaways
- Provide a first draft with diagramming
Provide the entire experience
When we provide the first draft of the content to the client, we sell it. We provide it in ready-to-publish form complete with links, videos, and photos embedded so that the client gets the full experience of what it would look like live.
How do you build great content with contract writers?
- Find writers who are a value match
- Set them up for success
- Invest in their growth
An ongoing challenge
Content plays such a huge role when building a brand and a business. Trying some of these things in our content generation process has really helped us to create better partnerships with our clients, and certainly, better content.