There’s a big shift in marketing circles as more brands are publishing sponsored content on websites and in newspapers and magazines, with some poaching journalists from traditional media outlets to create content for their own in-house production.
Nine out of ten organizations are now marketing with content by publishing (or passing along) relevant information, ideas, and entertainment that customers will value.
- The phenomenon of content marketing and brand publishing has unfolded rapidly because it responds to consumer preference.
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, 70% of people would rather learn about a company via an article than an ad. The New York Times admits that native advertisements can perform as well as the paper’s own news content.
- Brand publishing allows companies to react in real time, provide increased transparency, and create a strong brand identity at a fraction of the price of traditional marketing tactics, and in less time.
- Larger companies are becoming their own media companies, news bureaus, research universities, and social networks.
When it’s done right, brand publishing encourages companies to mine internal resources and expertise in order to become intellectual agents.
- Learning more about their customers – making better products..